The Catholic Schools of the Paterson Diocese believe that parents are the primary educators and we embrace our responsibility as co-educators. We believe all children are a sacred and shared trust. We believe that each child is a gift of God who must be treated with dignity, respect and care.
Based on these beliefs, we embrace the following goals:
- To integrate Gospel values and teachings into all areas of the curriculum, thus enabling students to make solid moral choices, to grow in faith, and to share this faith with others.
- To provide academic excellence through a curriculum that espouses 21st century literacies: the ability to create, collaborate, cooperate, and collectively and ethically act.
- To foster life-long learners who possess the knowledge, problem-solving skills and competencies to address multi-dimensional challenges inherent within a technological and global society.
- To provide an environment which enables students to appreciate and embrace creativity and beauty in life within and around them as expressed in various disciplines, art forms and nature.
- To instill in our students the ability and determination to develop spiritually, intellectually, physically, morally and socially, growing in their commitment to justice and dedication to service making our Church, world, and one another better by their presence.
(Updated August 2011)